Monday, February 1, 2010

THIS IS IT

Carly
June 25, 2009. This is a day I will never forget. The day that Michael Jackson left our world. Many people do not realize this was merely 8 days before his "This Is It" tour was about to begin.

I of course knew it was no coincidence that "This Is It" premiered on October 28, 2009 (my 24th birthday). I have been and always will be a HUGE MJ fan. I attended the premiere in a Japanese movie theatre, my first time experiencing a movie off base. The movie was the English version, with Japanese subtitles. I cannot express to you how Michael is loved worldwide, but I have SEEN his profound effect on people. Here I was, in a movie theatre in JAPAN, halfway across the globe from Michael's home, and the theatre was PACKED with Japanese fans. Japanese locals were crying right with me, crying for the loss of a great American musician.

This movie was made for the fans. Period. "I'm going to play the songs my fans want to hear." It gave the world a glimpse into Michael's soul. No one can deny his musical ability. The movie shows him dancing and singing at rehearsal, as if he were still 20 years old. Each song had such a unique and amazing theme. Beginning with a military theme for "They Don't Care About Us" and moving through songs such as "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Smooth Criminal", and "Thriller", in true MJ style, he never fails to impress. Every time you think what he's created can't be topped, he tops himself. He really did find the best of the best performers worldwide to accentuate his talent. (One artist I was particularily impressed with was Orianthi Panagaris. She had the honor of being MJ's lead guitarist for the tour, at the ripe old age of 24. )

I can't continue without getting teary eyed for the 100th time...so I leave you with these lyrics...MJ RIP...

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. No message coulda been any clearer. If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make that change."

"It's all for love"

No comments:

Post a Comment